Saturday 29 October 2016

Freedom Fall

Freedom Fall


What was it in the winter winds, 
That brought back a plethora of memories,
Peering through the fog, 
Was a reflection from the past.

All I could see was a ghost,
Ready and waiting for me,
Looking through my soul, 
As if he is checking my strength.

Slowly the mist covered my mind, 
Unleashing the deepest fears hidden in my mind,
Reminding me of who I was, 
And what I have now become.

From the man who had never given up,
To a mere cadaver of my failures,
Yet I stand proud of who I am, 
And the laurels that I have accomplished. 

There was someone, 
Who entered my life, 
Breaking me beyond repair, 
Denting my soul and mind. 

She was just a tormentor,
Who had a sole purpose of making me well up,
To my feelings and hand her my heart on a silver platter,
Only for me to later on repent on my decision. 

Just as she vanished from my life,
Taking away a part of my soul, 
Suffocating me in the pit of my emotions,
Leaving me for the dead. 

That whole winter, 
My soul was hibernating, 
Dreaming about the memories we shared,
The stolen kisses beneath the starry skies. 

It has been a long time,
Since I lost myself in the whirlpool of emotions,
After years of travelling on the scorched earth,
I sit today watching the winter fall down, 
And with the ghost of my past I see my breath go down,
A freedom too long for which I waited. 
A freedom too late for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment