Tuesday 20 December 2016

Don't Let Go

Don't Let Go

As the sun sets near the horizon,
I sit and wonder about the path that I have travelled, 
To be here where I am today, 
And the landmines which had to be sidestepped. 

The thirst of power is something that changes a man,
From a nice guy next door to a punk who rules the streets, 
Yet there is something that people never know about power, 
Which happens to be the moments lost.

I tried hard to never let my emotions ever get the best of me, 
Being broken once for me was enough I thought, 
Until I laid my eyes on you, 
Working relentlessly in order to prove something.

That moment was the first time I lay awake, 
Lost in the eyes and the smile that you had, 
An uncertain depth they had like the deepest trenches of the earth,
Making me question myself. 

Drifting away in a wave of emotions,
Landing up near the shore, 
Only to be hallucinating your face, 
You were like an angel sent to destroy me.

Like a bullet straight to the heart, 
I fell down as a heap in front of you,
Breaking all the shackles that I had, 
Only to see you vanished.

It is a little too late,
But can you save me? 
With my vision bleak, 
And no one there to help me. 

Collapsing down as if I was hit by thunder,
Nothing but your memories left in my life, 
If only I could freeze time before you leave my side, 
So now as my body lays down, 
Just don't let go of my heart, 
As all I can think about is being besides by the shadow by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment