Friday 21 April 2017

In Love with a Writer

In Love with a Writer


Fall in love with a writer,
They know how to keep the love alive,
Even if you are not,
People said.

I fell in love like how people do in stories,
Saw her near the bookstore with those big nerd glasses,
Trying to adjust her bags,
God! How beautiful she looked.

Just like a fresh page of a new book,
I just stood there transfixed to my place,
Wondering if she was for real or my mind playing games with me.

And then we met again,
Waiting for a train I stood at the station,
Saw you scribbling something on a parchment of paper you found,
Only for the wind to steal it away.

It flew into my path,
And we started talking,
Like the children following the piped piper's tune,
I was enchanted by your words.

Slowly and slowly we started hanging out,
I only was there to listen to your words,
And how beautiful you wrote,
You were my bestseller author and I was your favourite fan.

You kept me immortal in the tales you told,
And I was lucky to be there,
Today as I leave for a new path,
I can feel you around,

In that piece of paper that I keep in my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment