Sunday 23 April 2017

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

Dark enough to even make the ghosts quiver in fear, 
I stood at the top of the lighthouse, 
Waiting for you to come, 
And end this saga for once and for all. 

The wounds still fresh, 
And the blood still trickling down, 
Trying to figure out, 
Where in this life that I have stepped a wrong step. 

That night when I thought someone following me, 
Like a bat, I could only sense something around me but could never see it,
A happy life is a myth, 
That night just was an evidence to prove it. 

Married since fifteen years, 
Inseparable throughout the cyclones and the tornados that life presented us,
but it was one night that changed my life forever, 
You had changed it for the worst. 

Stabbed in the alley I saw him, 
With lifeless eyes that could even make a corpse throw up, 
the blood flowed on the floor as if someone had turned on the faucet, 
His face was just blank. 

Shuddering in fear I saw your message on the wall, 
Warning me that you're gonna get me, 
Bringing out the dead skeletons from the past and throwing them at the feet of the present, 
I knew it there and then that it was you again.

Waiting here where it all ended or so I thought was the end, 
I see you coming from long away, 
Just to finish the chapter that you started,
With just a gun with one bullet in the chamber being my only form of defense.

But with one swift blow,
The gun fell far away,
Fighting for my life, 
I tried to hit you hard enough, 
Make sure you plead for your life.

Just like Poseidon's trident, 

I found the weapon lying there, 
Asking me to shoot you and to end this saga,
But who knew that it was just something that I would crave for this entire time,
To see you dead in the eye and shoot you in between the eyes. 

One strike was enough to make your firm steps stagger, 
As an alcoholic falls down on his bed, 
That strike from the shovel nearby brought you closer,
To the bed of eternal sleep that you had made for me. 

As I see you fall down from the railings, 
Waiting to be the meal for the scavengers, 
I could only fathom a life, 
A life which would be a fairy tale only if you hadn't crossed paths again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment