Sunday 3 September 2017

I Wanna Grow Old With You

I Wanna Grow Old With You 

Time passed and the seasons changed,
Life is like the weather, 
Sometimes ruled by the clouds, 
And sometimes a battlefield for a thunderstorm. 

Never did I in my mortal life thought, 
People in this fucked up society,
Would masquarade the mask of emotions,
And slowly stab me in the back.

But then you came into my life, 
Like a tornado ripping apart a peaceful garden, 
My heart was blown away in pieces, 
You were the dark magic done by the witches to haunt my life.

Whenever I saw you smile, 
It was enough for me lose my heart, 
And be swept away by the charm that you had which no one ever saw,
But then who knew that the cause of my destruction would be my heart.

The emotions that I had kept bottled up,
Memories that I locked away in a safe, 
All were opened up, 
Just because of you. 

Now it has been five years since we first met,
The rain still reminds me of the night when you came back,
You decided to let all your fears go and accept mine as your own, 
Now I am here asking you to be with me,
To look me dead in eyes when I saw this.

Never did I think, 
That I would fall back in love, 
Never did I think,
That my heart will start a rebellion behind the cage that I locked it in, 
I may have been breathing, 
Yet I was never alive,
But now I see things clearly.

So here I stand,
Asking you at the very place where I first saw you, 
If you would let me have the honour, 
To grow old with you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment