Sunday 28 January 2018

I Guess It Is Just us Now

I Guess It Is Just Us Now


Life has its own mysterious ways,
To make you walk on the path that it has selected for you,
Just like that I had met you,
A beautiful soul who seemed lost while finding her way out.

Never can I forget how we first met,
When you were caught up in your duty,
Thinking that I was the one who was responsible for the crimes,
Funny story of how criminals get away with the things and the innocent paying off the cost of their sins.

Somehow that one meeting turned out to be a start of something,
Something beautiful or something deranged I don't know,
But the thing that I am very certain about is the fact that I couldn't control myself around you.
My emotions overpowering the world of logic.

I was lost before you swung by,
And then it felt like a story,
How we started interacting beyond work,
And how close we got.

There are relationships which are difficult to describe,
Our's was like that,
We were partners in every single way,
From work to post work socializing.

It was like a relationship,
A relationship which was like a storm,
Every situation had been like a test for us,
Each case that we worked on had been a test.

Then one day I left,
I left the service to work on my own,
But it was you who I was concerned for,
You were bent on finding out something.

Something that was close to you,
A case that meant the world to you,
Willing to sacrifice what was important to you,
I never thought that I would be the one of the many things that you would sacrifice. 

Silently I walked off that night, 
Warning you that your obsession will get you killed, 
But you were hell bent on finding out the truth,
So delusional that you even thought your friends were your enemies,

If only you would have listened to me, 
Listened to the people who mattered, 
But then you were you, 
As the man who was responsible for your nightmares stood there.

And just like that he evaded you, 
Threw you off his trail, 
And lost in the winds, 
With only one bullet shot. 

You were on the floor lying in your own pool of blood,
And then you were being taken away, 
Looking around finding for me, 
Only to realize that I was not there anymore. 

You had woken from a nightmare,
Running from the hospital in the rain just to meet me, 
Like a story unfinished needed to have a good ending,
Now with your storm that is passed,
All I can think is that 
I guess it is just us now. 

1 comment: